So you want to publish your book and you have no money? Great, so head on over to BookTango where they say “Pay Nothing, Keep Everything”.
If that sounds too good to be true, it probably is so we dug in deeper to get to the real services.
BookTango IS free and you DO get to keep everything – IF – you sell through their book store only.
If you sell through their partners, like Amazon, B&N, etc, then you get 100% of net. Still that’s a damn fine deal!
THE GOOD /
THE BAD /
THE BOTTOMLINE /
Free digital book publishing!
Book Tango makes all their money on up sells. You need a cover designed? You need layout help? Need marketing services?
Want to create a movie script from your book and get it in front of producers? (Yes, that’s a services too).
All of these and more are available as add-on services.
They offer package deals starting at $49 and going up to $359.
So here’s how it works:
With Booktango, there’s really nothing standing between you and a published e-book. It’s free, it’s easy, and it works. At your own pace and under your own control, you can get your ideas out of your laptop and into the world where they belong. Here’s how:
- Enter their online publisher. This is your control center, where you’ll find all the tools you’ll need to publish and sell an e-book on your own.
- Design a cover. Based on your own needs and budget, you can choose from our cover images, upload your own image, or work with a professional designer.
- Tell them about your book. Use the e-book details section of their online publisher to provide important information for retailers and shoppers.
- Publish and sell. Once your book is published, they can make your title available through your choice of major e-book online retailers.
- Make money. When you publish with Booktango, you’ll receive 100 percent of every dollar sold through the Booktango bookstore and 100 percent of net royalties when you make a sale through any of their online retail partners. You pay nothing and keep everything.
Editor’s note: This information was taken directly from the company’s page
Booktango is the latest e-book publishing innovation from Author Solutions — the world leader in indie book publishing. They’ve already helped more than 140,000 authors self-publish, promote, and bring to market more than 170,000 new titles.
Gone are the days when you have to struggle through confusing e-book publishing tools that force you to either give up all control or figure everything out by yourself.
With Booktango, they give you access to DIY ingenuity, the right mix of time-saving professional services, and a network of the most popular online retailers, so you can finally publish an e-book that rocks
Whether you need them to take the reins and knock out a flawlessly formatted e-book for you, or you want them to step back and let you do-it-yourself using their precise e-book editor, Booktango’s got your back.
You know what you want. And together, they can help you make it happen.
|Author Rights:||Remain with the author|
|Book Pricing:||Author sets|
|Retail Pricing:||Author sets, but there is a minimum pricing option of $0.99, and a maximum of $9.99|
|Delivery Platform:||Amazon Kindle, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Android Tablets, smartphones and PC or Mac computers (PDF)|
|Ease of Use:||Simple|